Watch Julia Fox Takes a Lie Detector Test | Lie Detector - Vanity Fair

You know like when you go into a store and then,

or like you walk by the police,

and you feel like automatically like you did something wrong

or they're gonna come for you.

Or like, you go in a store,

and you think that they think you're stealing

but you're like actually not.

It's kind of like that same thing I'm having

where I'm like I know I'm telling the truth, but like,

I should unpack that in therapy.

Is this gonna mess up my outfit?

[Judd] I'll try not to.

Can you lift your hands up?

Very good.

Lean slightly forward.

[electricity buzzing]

[Interviewer] Julia, do you know why you're here today?

I'm here to do a lie detector test with Vanity Fair.

[Interviewer] You will be hooked up to the lie detector

and asked questions.

Are you ready?

Yes, I'm ready.

[dramatic music]

[Interviewer] First I'm going to ask you some questions

so we can calibrate the machine.

Okay.

[Interviewer] Is your full name Julia Artemiev Fox?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Were you born on February the second?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Are you a millennial?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Are you proud to be a millennial?

Hell, yeah.

[Interviewer] Are you nervous?

I'm sensing some hostile energy,

and I do have to pee now, so yeah.

[Interviewer] Let's get started.

You were born in Milan, but raised in New York?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Which accent do you find more attractive?

I love a good old school New York accent.

That's why I married my ex-husband actually, so.

[Interviewer] Do you think people from New York

are more attractive in general?

Yeah.

[Interviewer] What's the most New York thing

you think you say on a daily basis?

I say dead ass a lot.

Yeah, I dead ass say dead ass a lot.

Dead ass, that's true.

[Interviewer] Some people on the internet

suggest the way you talk is fake.

I know.

[Interviewer] Julia, is this your normal speaking voice?

I think so, yeah.

No, she's lying.

That's a lie.

No.

Maybe when I'm nervous I lean into more like ditzy,

like, you know, and I feel that it kind of disarms people,

and I think a lot of women probably do that.

You know, whether it's the baby voice

or the like damsel in distress.

It's kind of a defense mechanism,

so that I'll be taken care of.

I think it's subconscious though.

I don't think I even realize when I'm doing it,

it just happens.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] What do you think about

this person's baby voice?

Ah, yes, Paris Hilton, fellow Aquarius Queen.

I actually feel like we have a lot in common.

[Interviewer] Like what?

The baby voice [Julia laughing] and being Aquariuses.

[Interviewer] What about this person?

Are you inspired by her at all?

Yes, I am.

I actually really love her.

Yeah, I grew up watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians,

and I actually liked it before they were even cool,

and I was like, and when people would like bash her,

I would always go to bat for her,

and I thought she fucking killed it

in American Horror Story.

So she is a multi-talented queen.

[Interviewer] Do you think she's inspired by you at all?

I would say that there have been some looks

that are a little similar to mine,

but I feel like, you know,

it's just like what's trending, but I don't know

if I'm like on her mood board or anything like that.

[Interviewer] Earlier this year

you gave an apartment tour on TikTok?

Yeah.

[Interviewer] Did you purposely not clean up?

Well, it always looked like that.

I didn't feel like I needed to clean up to make the video.

Now in hindsight, I maybe would've tidied up

because the response was overwhelming.

But I think it's relatable,

and also like for anyone shitting on that apartment,

that is a great apartment in Manhattan, okay?

And I stand by that.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] When you go to people's houses,

do you check if their tub is clean?

Do I check their tub?

No.

[Interviewer] Do you check their medicine cabinets?

I might have, back in the day, for sure.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] Have you ever stolen something

from somebody's medicine cabinets?

Hell yeah.

Who hasn't?

Sometimes there's a nice prescription

that looks really good,

and just gotta take a little sample.

[Judd] She's telling the truth.

I wouldn't do that now.

I wouldn't do that now,

just for the record

[Interviewer] You have a lot of clothes

in your apartment.

Do you ever hold onto any of your ex's clothes?

Yeah, a really amazing Chrome Hearts puffer jacket

that I made sure to swipe before he left.

And these like Prada ski goggle glasses

that I also made sure to hide

while he was packing his stuff to go.

[Interviewer] So this was premeditated?

I premeditated the theft.

I did.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] You don't feel any remorse?

No.

[Interviewer] What's the most expensive thing

you've ever stolen?

Oh, I don't know if I can say this.

[Julia laughing]

I used to go to a very expensive clothing department store

on Fifth Avenue when they would have sales specifically.

There'd be a lot of people,

and I used to wear little Juicy Couture sweatsuit moment,

and I would just shove the items in my pants.

One of the items was an Oscar de la Renta snake skin clutch,

and I still have it somewhere.

[Interviewer] Moving on.

You openly talk about your time as a dominatrix.

Did you enjoy it?

Yes.

[Interviewer] What was the most enjoyable punishment

you gave out?

I had a few clients that were into like ball busting,

so it's like when you kick their balls,

and I found that to be highly therapeutic,

just releasing the rage.

Down with the patriarchy.

Step on the man.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] If someone offered you a million dollars

to do it today, would you say yes?

Yeah, definitely.

I'd do it for less.

Ball busting I'll do for free.

If you want ball busting, it's free.

Anything else, it's 10 K an hour.

[Interviewer] You once said BDSM

was a never ending improv class.

It was improv all day long.

I'd have to be a mean nun,

bitchy popular girl in high school,

whatever the client wanted, and I had, you know

only a couple of minutes to get ready and dress

and prep for it.

So it was just kind of all like on the spot,

and I feel like it really just taught me how to act.

[Interviewer] Do you think some of today's comedians

could benefit from being a dominatrix?

I think anybody could benefit from being a dominatrix.

[Interviewer] What about this person?

Pete!

I think he probably needs to see a dominatrix.

Yeah, more. [Julia laughing]

I could see him really liking like deprecation, you know,

like you're a little bitch, and you know, things like that.

I could see him getting off to that.

Just a hunch.

Just a hunch.

But I think he's into the humiliation stuff.

Hit me up, Pete.

[Interviewer] We're going to switch gears

and talk about some relationships in your life.

You appeared on Ziwe's talk show

and said quote, Penises are weapons of mass destruction.

They can be.

[Interviewer] So you still feel this way?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Would you say you hate men?

I hate the patriarchy.

There's a lot of really good men.

[Interviewer] Judd?

Answer the question.

Do I hate men?

No.

That's a lie.

[Julia laughing]

I think that there's a lot of men that benefit

from the systemic oppression of women in our culture

and society and religions,

and I do wish that more men could stand up for us.

[Interviewer] Do you think being a man's muse

is participating in the patriarchy?

For sure.

[Interviewer] Did you hate being a muse?

I wouldn't say I hate it,

but I do see how it kind of, you know,

keeps women in this place of being objects

to be fantasized about.

You know, I think that when you're a muse,

men wanna see what they wanna see,

and they don't necessarily see you for who you actually are.

And then when they do,

when the bubble is burst, they're like, oh no, you know,

you're not my fantasy girl anymore.

But then again, it's like, as a woman

we kind of have to get it where we can, you know?

If I can be a muse and get something out of it

and advance myself,

and that's the position I need to be in, I'm gonna take it.

She's telling the truth.

[Interviewer] If you had the power to banish all men

to a different planet and live in a post men era,

would you do it?

I would only do it

if we had figured out how to reproduce on our own.

[Interviewer] But if you successfully did, you would?

And you know what?

I think they would love it.

I think they would love just hanging around

and circle jerking each other all day.

They'd be happier than us, so I'd be doing them a favor.

[Interviewer] If you had the chance,

would you save this man?

Oh, you see, this is one of the good ones.

He's a fucking amazing dad,

amazing husband, amazing family man.

Loves his mom.

This is a good man right here.

Humble, kind, funny, super smart, super talented.

Doesn't make you feel small in his presence.

And I think that's a very special character trait.

[Interviewer] Have you seen any of his Netflix films?

Yes.

[Interviewer] Can you name this movie?

Oh, this is the one where they go to Italy.

They go to Italy in this movie.

I'm pretty sure they, yeah, I'm pretty sure this was taken,

this photo's from Lake Como where they shot this movie.

I cannot remember the name, but of course I watched it.

That answer is questionable.

[Interviewer] It's Murder Mystery, by the way.

Murder mystery, yes, that's it.

[Interviewer] Would you save this man?

I would save Drake.

Yeah, he's really sweet.

He's a good, he's a good person.

He is.

[Interviewer] We're going to move on to your career.

Earlier in your career you created a luxury knitwear line.

Do you agree with this person

that sweatpants are a sign of defeat?

You know, I think Mr. Lagerfeld comes from a certain era

where, you know, maybe that's what it meant, you know?

But I think that sweatpants can be luxurious.

You know, you're comfortable.

They're easy to wear.

You can do pretty much anything in them.

I wear sweatpants almost every day,

but I would say I'm definitely defeated and depressed,

so I don't know.

Maybe he was onto something.

[Interviewer] What's the secret

to wearing an uncomfortable outfit?

Just know that those photos are gonna be insane, honey.

It's gonna be major.

And that's just what keeps me going.

[Interviewer] Have you ever been embarrassed

by a wardrobe malfunction?

I don't get embarrassed.

That's not true.

[Julia laughing]

Not by like a clothing malfunction, you know?

It's gonna happen.

I think it's endearing, and human.

You know, a little nip slip, everybody's happy.

It's fine.

[Interviewer] Earlier in 2022,

you teased you were writing your memoir,

Down the Drain.

You called it a masterpiece.

Yes.

[Interviewer] Would you call it more of a masterpiece

than this book?

Ooh, tough.

You know what?

I've never read this book, so I wouldn't know.

Sorry to this book.

So sorry, I don't know you.

I don't know her.

[Interviewer] What about this book?

Oh, this is a great book.

You know what?

No, it's definitely not better than this book.

But it's still really good, I promise.

Catcher in the Rye, I mean, it's JD Salinger.

This is a great book.

I've been inspired by this book in my writing for sure.

[Interviewer] So just to be clear, Catcher in the Rye,

Down the Drain, The Bible.

Bible, yeah.

[Interviewer] You went viral

for the way you said uncut gems.

Was that part of a marketing plan?

I wish I was the mastermind

to come up with something like that,

but no, that's actually,

you know what?

It's like when you say something a lot,

you know, eventually the words kind of bleed together,

and I just, I don't think I articulated

as well as I could have, but it's just uncut gems, you know?

It just flows.

[Interviewer] Final question.

Did you lie at any point during this lie detector test,

and we didn't catch you?

I don't think so, no.

She's telling the truth.

Yeah, I'm a very truthful person.

I'm like truthful to a fault.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Minisforum Venus NPB7 review - TechRadar

Amazon still sells clothes hook 'spy camera' used by man to watch underage girl - New York Post

Outrage after B.C. voyeur dodges jail time for toothbrush charger spycam - Global News