Anwar: Why should I go for a polygraph test? - The Star Online

Anwar: Why should I go for a polygraph test? - The Star Online


Anwar: Why should I go for a polygraph test? - The Star Online

Posted: 08 Jan 2020 02:50 AM PST

KUALA LUMPUR: Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim asks why the need for him to undergo a polygraph test to disprove allegations by Muhammed Yusoff Rawther, who claimed that he was sexually assaulted by the PKR president.

"There must be basis, proof and a need. If there is no proof, no witnesses, no place, everything is not right.

"Then what test do I have to do? If I say you rob, do you have to do the test? It is not reasonable. There has to be a basis for it," he told reporters after the conclusion of the International Unity in Diversity Conference on Wednesday (Jan 8).

The police had, on Monday (Jan 6), announced that they had handed over the investigation papers on Yusoff's case to the Attorney General's office for further action.

Yusoff had alleged that Anwar had outraged his modesty on Oct 2,2018. Yusoff filed a statutory declaration on his claim in November, and subsequently lodged a police report on Dec 7.

Yusoff voluntarily took a polygraph test last month to assist investigations into his complaint while Anwar gave his statement to the police on Dec 12.

The allegation has been denied by Anwar, who claimed he was campaigning in the Port Dickson by-election on that day.

When asked if the police had asked him to undergo a polygraph test, Anwar said they had not made any request until now.

"Why turn it into an issue? You also understand the principles of rule of law and justice. Anybody can cast any aspersions or allegations. If there is no basis, you can't get to the person to be defensive on these issues," said Anwar.

Anwar also claimed that he knew the players behind the whole incident.

"I think we should let the police deal with it. Unlike many other cases, I volunteered to do it fast, invited them to the house and I went to see them at the police headquarters," he said.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Best Home Security Cameras 2023 - The Tech Edvocate

CCSO 911 communication officers wanted; starting pay increased - Citrus County Chronicle